|Bendi Sambar/Ladys Finger Sambar|
I will be soon sharing the recipe for that sambar powder and her sambar.Most of us know and follow different methods for preparing sambar.
But here is the one I tried doing without using any Sambar powder yet very yummy.Hence I call it as Pappu pulusu(a dal syrup:))
Not wasting much of your time to read this here is the recipe .
- Tamarind-lime size
- Thur dal-1 small cup
- chopped ladyfinger-5-8 slices
- green chillies-1-2
- curry leaves
- coriander leaves
- chilly powder-1 tbsp
- salt-1 tbsp
- sugar-1 tbsp(optional)
- red chillies
- Pressure cook Thur dal and keep it aside. Don't drain of entire water
- Squeeze soaked thick tamarind juice and add chopped bendi/ladysfinger slices
- Add turmeric,chopped green chilies, Chopped tomatoes and curry leaves and boil it for 10 min
- Now add chopped onions and water taken from cooked thur dal ,also add 1tbsp of Chilly powder now
- Mash the dal thoroughly using a dal masher and add little water just not to have too much thickness and add this boiling contents. you can add salt accordingly.
- Take oil in pan add mustard,hing,red chilly and curry leaves and let them crackle.Add this to boiling sambar.
This goes well with hot rice/idly/dosa
Your Pappu pulusu is ready...hope this will pamper your taste buds.