This is a seasonal fruit, mostly in the month of August-November.You can prepare pickle and preserve it for up to 4-6 months..Here is the pickle prepared without adding chilly powder.Lets see the process how to prepare this.
- Dabbakayalu/Rough Lime-3-4
- Turmeric powder-2/3 tbsp
- Wash the rough lime/dabbakayalu throughly and dry them.
- Cut them into chunks of smaller size(or your choice)
- Now add these cut chunks of rough lime into a big size round vessel which is easy for mixing.
- You can get the juice while cutting this rough lime, you can just squeeze the juice into bowl.
- Now add salt and turmeric powder and mix them clearly,also add the juice squeezed to this and stir properly.
- After mixing thoroughly, you can transfer these contents into a tightly covered container and leave for 7 days before you start using .
- After 7 days , you can take the quantity you want from the container and add chilly powder,and season after you add chilly powder.
- Heat oil in a pan,add mustard,hing,red chilies,curry leaves and hing.
- Let them crackle and now add 1 tbsp of mustard oil and let this cool for a minute.
- Now add this to the already mixed chilly powder rough lime.
This goes well with hot rice/ and very well served with curd rice.