|Ginger Green chilies Chutney|
Here comes a super fast and super hot instant chutney for idli/dosa/pongal along with your coconut or peanut chutney. Low carb and metabolism booster Chutney with three key ingredients : green chillies ,ginger ,cilantro .you can use lime juice instead of tamarind
This is an instant chutney that is super hot and pairs your idli or dosa along with coconut chutney
- Green chillies-5/6
- Ginger-Big lemon size
- Coriander leaves-bunch
- Tamarind- big lemon size.
- Soak tamarind in water for 10 min and extract thick juice.
- Boil green chilies by just adding 1/4 water.(boiling of green chilies makes it very soft and also lessens the spiciness to some extent)
- Chop ginger and make them into small pieces.
- heat oil in pan, slightly fry ginger and coriander leaves for about a minute.
- In a mixer grinder, grind all- ginger, coriander leaves, green chilies by adding salt.Once thick paste is seen, add tamarind paste extracted and grind once again.
- You can add 1 tbsp of sugar if you wish slightly sweetish tinge to your chutney.
- Finally do seasoning with mustard seeds and hing powder
|Green Chilies Ginger chutney|
Ginger chutneys are very common household recipe, served with rice /breakfasts like idly/dosas.
I see most of ginger chutneys are made with red chilies blended with spices.
This chutney of mine is kind of different which I learned from my mom and trust me it tastes "WOW" with idly/dosa and also goes well with rice.
try and let me know if you like it.