Of all this one spicy pickle made with gongura leaves is really a treat for spice lovers.Well it also has equally important nutritious value along with other greens we use. This leaf is very rich in Iron , folic acid and easily to prepare too.
Here is the yummy Gongura pickle recipe.
|Ingredients needed for Gongura Pickle|
- Gongura leaves-2 big bunches
- Oil- as needed to fry gongura leaves and for seasoning-(almost 5 tbsps)
- Hing powder- pinch
- Mustard seeds-3 tbsp
- fenugreek seeds(methi seeds)-2 tbsp
- Red chillies-8-10(on your choice of spice level)
- Onions-finely chopped small cup
- Stem off and pluck only gongura leaves.Wash thoroughly,ensure no particles of sand exist.
- Drain off water completely and spread on neat thin cotton cloth and dry them properly.It takes minimum 30 minutes to dry .
Frying Gongura leaves
- Once the leaves are dried properly, in a pan heat oil and fry Gongura leaves till it turns dark black in color you can add pinch of salt to these leaves here so that they get fried quickly.
- Now heat oil in a pan, add Mustard seeds, Fenugreek seeds, red chilies and pinch of hing powder and let them splutter, and you also notice nice aroma of fried blended spices.
- Firstly grind all the spices coarsely by adding needed salt.
- you can either use inch mode and add the fried gongura leaves to the blended spices in your mixer.
- if your gongura is really soft, you can just add the grinded spices &gongura and mix with a spoon/your hand.
- Slightly fry onions and you can just add to this grinded pickle paste at the last.
- either you can also try once again inch mode of your mixer jar after you add fried onions.