|Moong dal Grated coconut Kheer/Payasam|
Here is my Moongdal payasam recipe..try and see if you have different taste from yours.
- Moong dal - 1 cup
- Ghee- 1/2 tbsp
- Raisins- 1/2 tbsp
- cashew-1/2 tbsp
- cardomom powder- 1tbsp
- jaggery- 1 cup grated
- dry coconut- 1/2 cup- finely grated.
- Milk- 1 cup
- Cook moong dal in a thick bottomed vessel , notice while becoming soft add grated jaggery and cook for about 5 minutes and keep it aside.
- Now heat the ghee in a pan, add raisins till they pop up, also fry cashew till they turn golden color.
- Also slightly fry grated dry coconut and keep it aside.
- Now add 1 cup bolied milk to the cooked moong dal which is already immersed in jaggery by stirring it.
- Also add all other ingredients-raisins, cashews, grated coconut, cardamom powder and mix them thoroughly.
- Serve hot and pamper your taste buds:)