|Ragi Ball/Millet Flour Balls|
- Millet flour/Ragi powder-1 cup
- Water- 2cups
- salt- 1tbsp
- Oil/ghee-1 tbsp
- black pepper- 1 tbsp
- cumin seeds-1 tbsp
- curry leaves-small bunch
- Take round bottomed vessel, add water and 2 tbsp of ragi powder, salt and boil till you notice it becomes like thick syrup. ensure no lumps while adding powder.
- Now add rest of ragi flour and just push it down and do not stir at this moment. you can start pushing dry flour you see down with a spoon and cook on low flame for about 5 minutes. Take off the heat and mix it well with the help of wooden spoon.
- Add oil/ghee in a small pan, add pepper,jeera curry leaves and let them crackle. you can add this to the softened thick ragi flour.
- Now you can make round balls by adding little oil/ghee to your palms.
You can taste them with sambar/any spicy chutney/pickle and also onion rasam which you see in my image.