Kichidi's are easy to prepare and delicious to eat. Here is a very simple , quick Rice kichidi which you will love to eat. Especially for kids it's easy to feed as they will certainly love it.I learnt this kichidi from my Gujarati neighbor and am sure it will pamper your taste buds.
|Rice Toordal Kichidi|
|Rice Turdal Kichidi|
- Rice- 1cup
- Turdal-1/2 bowl
- Potato-2-chopped to 4 big chunks
- green peas-1/2 cup
- Curry leaves-bunch
- red chillies-2
- mustard seeds-1 tbsp
- ginger garlic paste-1tbsp
- turmeric powder-1tbsp
- salt-as needed
- red chilly powder-1tbsp
|Ingredients for Rice turdal kichidi|
- Soak Turdal and rice separately for about 10 minutes.
- Take pressure pan and 2 tbsp of oil, once oil is heated add mustard seeds, ginger garlic paste, cloves, red chilies curry leaves, potato , green peas,turmeric powder and fry them for 2 minutes.
- Now add rice and Tur dalland 4 cups of water , salt,chilly powder and pressure cook for 3/4 whistles.
- That's about it yummy kichidi is ready , serve hot with ghee.
- Generally for 1 cup rice 1/2 cup of Turdal is considered.