|Ridge gourd skin /Birakaya tokku Chutney|
Here is the recipe that is made with ridge gourd skin/Birakaya tokku, a spicy yummy chutney.This goes very delicious with Idly's and dosa's too apart from having with rice.
- Ridge gourd-1 big size
- Tamarind-1 small lemon size
- Mustard seeds-1 tbsp
- Fenugreek seeds- 1 tbsp
- Green chilies-2-3
- red chilies-4-5
- curry leaves- bunch
- hing powder- 1/2 tbsp
- oil-2 tbsp
- garlic cloves -2/3
- Wash the ridge gourd/birakaya thoroughly and leave to dry for 5-10 minutes
- Peel of the skin of ridge gourd/birakaya and keep it aside.
- soak small lemon size tamarind in water and extract thick juice .
- In a small pan, add oil, mustard seeds, fenugreek seeds, red chilies and hing powder and let them crackle.
- Now grind all of them thoroughly in mixer grinder by adding salt.
- Now take another pan add 1 tbsp oil , ridge gourd skin, garlic cloves, green chilies fry them for few minutes.
- Now add this fried ridge gourd, green chilies garlic cloves to the contents in mixer grinder also add tamarind and grind them all together.