Kandi Pachadi/Toordal Chutney another great exotic chutney delicacy from Andhra recipes which feels heaven when served with hot rice and dollop of ghee. This is very easy to prepare and when someone is specially looking for spicy tinge to your tongue.
|Toordal Chutney/Kandi Pachadi|
- Red chillies-6/8(depending on your spice level)
- salt-as needed
- oil-2 tbsp
- garlic pods-3/4(optional)
- Tomato- 2 finely chopped(optional-but this adds smoothness and very yummy taste)
- Heat oil in a pan, add toordal fry about a minute and then add red chilies garlic pods and fry till you get nice aroma of fried toordal.(notice if it turns slightly brownish shade, don't over heat as it gets burnt).
- In a mixer grinder add all those ingredients you fried in pan and add salt and grind them coarsely.
- You can add little water to make this into smooth paste.
- Fry chopped tomatoes and add to the grinder and blend them once again in your mixer jar .
- Do seasoning with mustard seeds and curry leaves.
- Serve with hot rice and ghee.