- Brinjal-5/6 brinjals
- Thurdal-1/2 cup
- fenugreek seeds- 1tablesppon
- tamarind- big lemon size
- chenna dal- 2 table spoon
- coriander seeds-2 table spoon
- grated coconut-1/4 cup
- turmeric powder- a pinch
- salt- as needed
- red chillies-3/4
- Firstly soak tamarind for about 10 minutes and squeeze thick juice of about 1/2 cup.
- Pressure cook Thurdal for about 3 whistles till it becomes soft and keep it aside.
- Dry roast(add slight oil) fenugreek seeds, coriander seeds, channadal, red chilies grated coconut(dry/raw) and grind them into fine powder in mixer jar.(need atleast 2 cups powder)
- Now slit the brinjals vertically so that you can stuff the powder you prepared.
- stuff this powder in brinjals by adding salt, and slightly saute these stuffed brinjals in pressure pan by adding oil so that it becomes soft/you can also microwave these stuffed brinjals for about 10 minutes.
- Now add smashed thurdal to extracted tamarind juice, and also add remaining grinded powder and boil it by adding 1/2 cup water.
- add turmeric powder, asoefatida, and brinjals and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Your rasavangi is ready ,goes great with hot rice, season with mustard seeds and garnish with curry leaves.